How To Book An Appointment
You can make an appointment in the following ways:
- Visiting our Consulting Room
- Online at www.patientaccess.com – please note to use Patient Access, you will need to complete our Register for our Online Services form
- By calling the surgery
Routine appointments are now available to booked on-line and can be booked several weeks in advance. If you need to see a doctor within a few days or, in extreme cases, on the same day, then you will still need to phone the surgery.
Reasons For Using On the Day Appointments
- Your condition is of a more urgent nature and requires treatment on that day
Reasons For Booking In Advance
- Your condition is on going and not restricted by a time limit
- Medication reviews
- Continuation sick notes
- Follow up appointments e.g. if the doctor asks you to come back and see him/her you should be booking your next appointment at reception before you leave or as soon as you get home if you need to check a work rota first
Our telephones are very congested between 08:00 and 09:30 and also between 14:00 and 15:00 due to the overwhelming volume of calls we receive. If any of the reasons for booking in advance apply to you, or you know you will need to see your GP routinely, it would be appreciated and of huge benefit to yourself, the surgery and other patients if you would endeavour to book these appointments as far in advance as you possibly can.
Cancelling An Appointment
If you are unable to keep an appointment please let us know at least an hour before, this may enable someone else to be seen.