Leatherhead PCN Privacy Notice
We are part of the Leatherhead PCN which is a network of GPs and health and care organisations established to provide integrated services to the local population. Members of the network are:
- Eastwick Park Medical
- Cobham Health Centre
- Molebridge Practice
- Oxshott Medical Centre
- Fairfield Medical Centre
- Ashlea Medical Practice
- GP Health Partners
By operating as a network, we are able to provide a more comprehensive set of services, provided by local clinicians and health and care providers. These services currently include:
- Enhanced Care in Care Homes
- Structured Medication Reviews
- Social Prescribing Service
- Children’s together project
- Frailty Hub and MDT
Where necessary and relevant to support your direct care, we will share your confidential patient information with members of our network to support safe, efficient and effective care and treatment.
The PCN also has a role in the planning and commissioning (buying) of local health and social care services that meet the specific needs of our patients.
How we use your information
To enable us to be able to provide the additional services and tailored treatment we sometimes need to share data from your GP health records with the other organisations involved in the delivery of these. This includes:
- Other GP Practices within the PCN – which may employ staff involved in delivering the services
- GP Health Partners – which employ the Care Assistants and Clinical Pharmacists that working deliver the PCN services
- Central Surrey Voluntary Action – which has been contracted by the Leatherhead PCN to employ the staff delivering the social prescribing
- Epsom & St. Helier University Hospital NHS Trust – our local Hospital
- Surrey Downs Health & Care (a partnership including Epsom & St. Helier University Hospital NHS Trust, Central Surrey Health, GP Health Partners, Dorking Healthcare, Surrey Medical Network) – which deliver Adult Community Services for patients of practices within the PCN
- Surrey County Council, Mole Valley District Council and Elmbridge Borough Council – which provide social care services for patients of practices within the PCN
- Surrey & Borders NHS Partnership Foundations Trust – which provide mental health services for patients of practices within the PCN
- South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) – which provide emergency care services for patients of practices within the PCN
- NHS Surrey Heartlands Clinical Commissioning Group – which provide the Continuing Healthcare Service for Adults and Children
We will only share identifiable data about you with organisations that could be involved in determining and / or providing your care and treatment. Your data will only be shared with health and social care professionals who are working under a contractual duty of confidentiality.
We will use data which you cannot be identified from when we are undertaking the planning and commissioning of local health and care services. This ‘de-identified data’ is effectively anonymised in accordance with the Information Commissioner’s Office Code of Practice, a summary of which is available at ico.org.uk/anonymisation_code_summary (PDF).
How you can object to the way we use information
If you are not happy for your health data to be shared with the organisations detailed above, then you can object to this. To do so you should contact your registered Practice so they can discuss the potential impact this could have on your care and treatment.
If you do not wish for your de-identified data to be used for planning and commissioning of PCN services you are able to opt-out of this via the National Opt-Out – please see the NHs website for further details: www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters
Please contact the Leatherhead PCN Operations Manager, Victoria Churchill on firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information about our PCN services.