Patient Participation Group
The key objectives of the Patient Participation Group are to:
- Create a “voice” for patients to feed back to the GPs and agree priorities and raise issues on behalf of all patients
- Ensure patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided
The group’s activities are undertaken mainly on-line with a quarterly meeting to review progress and to set strategy.
Examples of the activities already being undertaken by the group include:
- Providing suggestions about how patient services can be improved
- Supporting the practice with new developments such as the new telephone and patient management systems
- Being advocates for patients as a link to the doctors
- Providing assistance with future plans such as the need for improved premises and facilities
The only membership requirement is that a member must be a patient of the practice. New members are required from time to time and we are keen to ‘recruit’ some younger members (aged 40 or below), and someone with a physical disability to represent their views.
If you would like to register for our PPG, please complete our online Patient Participation Group Registration form.